Step 1: Things that can be done for now
- Registration can be done at any driving schools listed in this link. Best to call them before heading there to check on availability.
- Maximum fee is RM200
- No medical check-up is needed at this stage (JPJL8A), however those with medical condition is encouraged to do their medical check-up first to be on the safe side.
- Compulsory for vehicle 3 years and above
- Car inspection can be done in any PUSPAKOM branches listed here.
- Initial Inspection fee is RM70.
- All e-hailing vehicles must be equipped with compliant Fire Extinguisher and Triangle Safety Kit.
- Medical Kit is required for vehicles with more than 7 seats.
- Visible Light Transmission for window tints are 70% Front Windscreen/ 50% Front Side Windows / 30% Rear Side Windows and 30% Rear Windscreen.
- It is compulsory for all drivers to contribute to SOCSO. You may find all the required information and sign-up online at this link.
- Contribution payment can pay by monthly from as low as RM13.10 or yearly RM157.70.
- All e-hailing vehicles must have an e-Hailing add-on endorsement to its insurance policy.
- Add-on cost varies with insurance companies
Step 2: Licensing @ JPJ (Road Transport Department)
- Vehicle owner/representative must submit the following forms:
- JPJ K8 – Borang Pindaan/Pembetulan Kenderaan & Pemilik Berdaftar
- JPJ EH1 – Borang Pengisytiharan Kenderaan Persendirian e-Hailing
- VR1 – Borang Kelulusan Puspakom (for vehicle more than 3 years old)
- Proof of e-VP from APAD through your MULA Driver App.
Step 3: E-hailing Operator
MULA / EHO
- Distributing e-hailing vehicle stickers as per JPJ’s guidelines. Driver should display the sticker on vehicle windows when operating.
- Drivers must have their e-VP in the app during operation and have to show upon requested by enforcement officer (MULA App).
- 1 e-VP is valid for 1 vehicle only (maximum 2 drivers per vehicle).